Tuesday 10 January 2012

Dr Geebers The Pebblemans future goals

Dr Geebers The Pebbleman walked 6800 miles, created on 40 beaches and moved over 2000 tonnes of pebbles and stones to create art pieces like the one above.
Now he has started creating small miniature pieces of artwork like tea-candle holders and miniature sculptures for people to buy.
10% of all net profits of Dr Geebers The Pebblemans art pieces will be going to help homeless charities.
I started of being homeless myself and know how hard it is to try and turn your life back around.
I could not get sponsorship for my journey because I was simply homeless and creating art to survive.
I wasn’t on benefits because if you have been working it can take time to get such a thing. So you got to survive somehow and creating free art for the public was my way of giving something back.
I have been in more local newspapers and on the news in various places for creating my art.
I am in the process of writing a book about my journey and experiences along the way.
The proceeds of that book will also be going to help homeless charities.
I did not set of to do such a journey it simply happened because of a drunken bet between two homeless people in Brighton.
Now I have completed one heck of a trip on foot, living outside, with the support of local people where ever I went.
I would love to attempt the journey again in the future, only this time with two or three young homeless people and give them a chance to use their artistic skills. This could change their life’s around also.
Could also make a good documentary or film.
If anyone would like to help Dr Geebers The Pebbleman in the future to attempt this journey again please email: drgeebersthepebbleman@hotmail.co.uk
Thank You everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment