Thursday 22 August 2013

Check out what Brighton council did to Dr Geebers


 Yes believe it or not when you are against the grain of life then everyone likes to kick you when your down.

I was a homeless person who was creating art to survive on the streets. 

I was also an alcoholic at the start who drunk everyday.

Yet to try and stop I used my art and my brains to complete one hell of a coastal journey around the British coastline.

This journey was not planned and only really started 400 miles into it.
I even thought more people would of got involved with me to make this book happen but unfortunately not.

Like many people I know who where born in the UK they don't want accommodation because of to many rules that normal people do not encounter.
Would you want to stay in a homeless hostel with loads of junkies, drunks and most of all no visitors. Probably not and I know for sure I don't.

WHY?

Well to be honest I have seen many things in life that most people don't get to see.
For me I can say this and some say to me grow up.
I was living in a homeless hostel and heard my father had went into an accoma.
I wanted to speak at his death bed because I had things I wanted to say to him face to face.
I was living in a Salvation army hostel at the time.
I asked the Major very po-lightly for help with getting me home to N.Ireland.
He said no because they thought I wanted the money for drugs.
This really bugged me and happens to many other homeless people too.
At one time I believed in God and what Jesus was all about.
Then I learned that God was just something someone had collaborated to give people hope.
Well everyone needs to believe in something to be someone.
Yet when the Major turned me down and I could not be at my own fathers death bed then I started reliving this moment all the time hoping for one day there would be a better outcome.. 

Ring ring "I think your dads just died mate. Sorry G".
Not the best phone call to get in the world.
Yet the Christians think they are doing people a favour when really all they is running is a highly profitable businesses .
Housing benefit for a room is ridiculously priced because there buildings in the middle of the town or city.
Why not sell the buildings and buy better premisses outside town or city where follow on accommodation is part of what they do.
Not giving people restrictions no alcohol, drugs, or visitors.
Once you get into these kind of places then you are better of going to prison. At least u got tv in your cell, radio, and a play station to mess with. This is better than any hostel that I have ever been in. Even I am contemplating getting nicked just to go to prison again and thats what many of us do.

Even though I walked the coast of the UK to help homeless charities but they do not care. They are all businesses set up to make sure homeless people always has adictions.  
Even as I started creating my art I had no funding or anything just a dream.
What a dream to have just a pity I am never going to be able to see it ever create me a wage but then again money does not make my world go round. Putting smiles on faces can never be bought and when you see someone smile then you know you have made their day for free.
Now this is what I am about and if I can get the support to set up my own charity in the future that actually deals with getting accommodation without all the red tape then it needs to be done.
Why I say this is because this winter in Brighton 18 homeless people lost their lives on the street. Some due to drink, others drugs but most died from the cold.
I thought at one time I was going to be one of these statistics. But now I am lucky I am on benefits because the charities forced me to get a place and its a shit hole. I am not allowed visitors or guests. I got to pay top up even though the place is not worth living in.
Yet I did not get to choose where I want to live.
This is what happens so better of becoming a travelling artist even though I want to give Brighton now that it is a city a determined loose pebble sculptor that came from the street to become someone but like I said its only a dream which will never happen unless I leave the UK and go on a mission around the world or simply just give up on everything I have done.
Brighton even got rid of me one week before the fringe arts festival the biggest arts festival in Europe. The centre of art culture and all that. What a joke. Brighton is the same as everywhere else. They help the world come to Brighton and those who study here or are born here really have to go abroad to try and get a better life and career.
You will never be able to get one in this country because it is geared up to help criminals from all over the world come here and front what they do with no consideration for anyone who pays taxes and wants to become someone who cares.

Keep watching this space and maybe one day my book will get published but at the moment I do not have the funding and I can't seem to get any of the homeless charities involved because they are to busy helping out other homeless people get nowhere.
 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2314875/Leaving-stone-unturned-Homeless-mans-incredible-6-800-mile-odyssey-round-Britain-create-pebble-sculptures-using-1-000-tons-rock.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

No comments:

Post a Comment